2 Defensive Drills – [source from coaching manuals – Beth?] leave it with me
2 mid-court drills – [source from coaching manuals – Beth?] leave it with me
1 attacking drill – source from coaching manuals [source from coaching manuals – Beth?] leave it with me
1 shooting drill – source from coaching manuals [source from coaching manuals – Beth?] leave it with me
All you need is a ball and a wall! Improve your coordination and control of the ball with these simple wall work exercises.
– Make sure you complete a thorough warm-up and warm-down to help avoid injury. If you are new to exercise or have any health or injury concerns consult your physician before trying these exercises.
Angled pass and receive
- Drive an angled ball into the wall and run to catch the return.
- Turn outwards away from the wall.
- Jump and release pass the ball straight into the wall.
- Repeat in the other direction.
- Gradually increase your range to get the ball as wide as possible.
- Increase the speed and power of your jump and release pass into the wall.
- Try a one-handed jump and release.
- Move onto the ball – keep your feet moving. Take an extra step rather than leaping onto the ball.
- Use your outside foot when pivoting.
- Land balanced so that you can release your pass quickly straight into the wall.
Wall taps with two balls
- Start close to wall.
- Push ball against wall using one hand – continuously alternate hands.
- Aim for highest number of consecutive passes.
- Use two tennis balls or one tennis ball and one netball.
- Use both overhand and underhand pushes.
- Try sidestepping in both directions.
- Try running in both directions.
- Keep your eye on the ball and your feet hips-width apart facing the wall.
- Push the ball with fingers and NOT the palm of the hand.
- Follow through towards the wall with your hand.
Ball juggling onto wall with two balls
- Start two feet away from the wall in a ready position with a ball in each hand.
- Throw one ball into the wall whilst transferring the remaingin ball into your other hand. Repeat.
- Increase your distance away from the wall.
- Start slowly and then build up speed.
- Try using different kinds of balls.
- Try sidestepping along the wall. Then try running along the wall.
- Keep your eye on the ball.
- Only do 10 at a time to ensure a better quality of practice.
Overhead pass and receive
- Overhead pass into the wall.
- Catch the ball with a turn in the air to face away from the wall.
- Throw the ball into the air and chase after it.
- Catch the ball, land, pivot, bounce the ball ahead and run after it to catch it.
- Repeat again.
- Increase the range of the pass into the air.
- Turn in the air instead of pivoting at the final stage.
- Land balanced so you are able to move off quickly.
- Challenge yourself on your landings when trying the extension.
#SoloSessions with Sasha: Using your body as an obstacle
#SoloSessions with Sasha: Crazy Catch Special
#SoloSessions with Sasha: Corestability & Static Work
#SoloSessions with Sasha: Warm Up
Tamsin Greenway Netball Masterclass
Stacey Francis' Defending Masterclass
Pamela Cookey Masterclass: Goal Attack
Love the game, know the game.
In order to get into netball you need to know the basic skills. To view them, and get some coaching tips too, click on each of the videos below.
Chest Pass Video
2 Handed Bounce Pass Video
Basic Shot Technique Video
Shoulder Pass Video